-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, On Bromirski's Antarctic Research, on the site Neuwrite/Edu 9 years, 11 months ago
I think that’s a great question you have at the end. However, I would argue that McClure’s work doesn’t actually help convey science to the public, that it’s simply a natural beauty to be admired but not analyzed. […]
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, "Whisper of the Wild", on the site Neuwrite/Edu 9 years, 11 months ago
Those are some great connections you made. I can certainly relate to those unwelcome wake-up calls. For me it’s the garbage truck that for some reason has to beep loud enough to be heard on the other side of […]
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, Land Divided, Once United, on the site Neuwrite/Edu 9 years, 11 months ago
Interesting question you pose at the end. My guess would something like nationalism. A lot of countries probably don’t like the idea of other countries coming in and investigating them. But then couldn’t the […]
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, "The Clan of One Breasted Women", on the site Neuwrite/Edu 9 years, 11 months ago
Great summary, and I really liked the points you made. Williams does mention cancer men (Irene Allen’s husbands died of it) but it’s true Williams doesn’t mention men in her family or men getting breast cancer. […]
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, People are Stupid – How Can We Make Them Understand Science?, on the site Neuwrite/Edu 9 years, 11 months ago
You did well describing the article, and I like how you connected your analysis to specific points such as rocket engineering and life support systems. I would simply be careful with your wording, specifically […]
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, What Would a Skeptic Say? And Who Cares?, on the site Neuwrite/Edu 10 years ago
I really liked your “who cares.” Since environmentalism is such a current issue, I think it would really help your paper to focus on this aspect. You also did a good job connecting your counterargument to your […]
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, Bruno Latour on The Greek Tree, on the site Neuwrite/Edu 10 years ago
I liked how you talked about Latour’s possible view that the Greek Tree represents a breakdown of the barriers between science and human culture, and that you separated your view in a new paragraph. There doesn’t […]
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, , on the site Neuwrite/Edu 10 years ago
You did a great job summarizing Latour’s argument for the practice of translation. Don’t forget about his practice of purification though. It sounds like you may be able to use the idea of the separation of human […]
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, Nature Isn't "Natural", on the site Neuwrite/Edu 10 years ago
I like how you focused on the illusion of escape offered by nature and then tied this deception to your object. The ivy does seem natural at first glance, and it’s interesting to think about the human culture that […]
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, Tremper, on A Cyborg Manifesto, on the site Neuwrite/Edu 10 years ago
I had a hard time understanding quite a bit of this reading, but your summary really helped clear up some of my fuzzier points. Thank you for the great explanation.
-
Matthew Klein changed their profile picture 10 years, 1 month ago
-
Matthew Klein commented on the post, The Division Between the Natural and Artificial Worlds., on the site Neuwrite/Edu 10 years, 1 month ago
A bleak but potentially much more realistic view of Geneseo’s relationship with nature. All prospective students are told time and time again about the college’s beauty, and it’s great to see someone questioning […]
-
Matthew Klein became a registered member 10 years, 1 month ago